Independent daily Newspaper

 Home

 Old Archive RSS Feed    Advertise

About

Music 

 Syrian Kurdistan News in brief

  News
  Kurd Net does not take credit for and is not responsible for the content of news information on this page

 


Syrian Kurdistan News in brief  10.1.2014 


 

January 10, 2014

Qamishli (Qmişlo), Amude, Afrin - Hesekê (Hasaka)
Western Kurdistan (Syrian Kurdistan) aka Rojava (West)

Kurdish (Al-Akrad) Front launches offensive against ISIS in Aleppo

Aleppo: The joint operations of the Kurdish al-Akrad Front and military forces of the Syrian opposition against the ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham) are continuing. According to the information obtained from the region, al-Akrad and some brigades affiliated to the Syrian opposition launched a major offensive against the al-Qaeda linked ISIS in the Kastêlo area and Mesakin neighborhood of the mainly Kurdish city Aleppo on Thursday. Nine members of the ISIS were reported killed in clashes in the region. The al-Akrad Front and opposition forces have also reportedly laid siege to the military headquarters of the ISIS. The joining of the Syrian opposition with the Kurdish Front against the ISIS is in the meantime changing the balances in the civil war in Syria, with ISIS reportedly having withdrawn from many central areas in Aleppo. firatnews.com

Thousands March Against Paris Murders in Syrian Kurdistan [Rojava]
 

Thousands have taken part in marches across Syrian Kurdistan Rojava on Thursday in order mark the 1st anniversary of the murders of three Kurdish activists – Sakine Cansız, Fidan Doğan, and Leyla Şaylemez – killed in Paris last January 9th. Rallies took place in the cities of Efrîn, Serêkaniyê, Dirbêsiyê and Dêrik and were led by local women’s groups, who organized the rallies to remember the three women and demand justice for their murders. Marchers, most of whom were women, carried signs reading “Bi jina azad ber bi netewa demokratîk” (with the free woman toward the democratic nation) ,“Bila Parîs bejna xwe li ber têkoşîna te bitewîne hevala min”(Paris, my friend, your struggle is honored), “Duh Berlîn îro Parîs, duh Roza îro Sara wê neyên jibîrkirin” (Yesterday Berlin Today Paris, Yesterday Roza, Today Sara, they will not be forgotten). In Dêrik, Dicle Serêkaniyê – a member of the Yetikiya Star – spoke at the rally, saying, “We forcibly condemn these murders. We promise that on this issue we will carry our struggle out to the end. This attack was a continuation of the large conspiracy organized again the Leader of the Kurdish People Abdullah Öcalan. If France does not bring this massacre to light it will found guilty in the heart of the Kurdish people and will be cursed for many years.”...firatnews.com | rojavareport.wordpress.com

Uncertainty continues over Geneva II

Geneva: The Russian and US Foreign ministers have had a telephone conversation in which they dealt with the subject of Geneva II, which is intended to initiated a process of resolution in Syria. US Secretary of State spokesperson Jen Psaki said the two ministers "focused on preparations for the Geneva conference". The spokesperson also said that John Kerry had emphasised the importance of humanitarian aid for the Syrian people who are victims of the conflict. Psaki said the two sides intended to continue their dialogue on Syria at a meeting scheduled to take place in Paris on 13 January, adding that Russian-US co-operation in the security field had been activated. Meanwhile, around 130 Syrian opposition activists, are holding a meeting in the Spanish city of Cordoba. The 130, representatives of 12 Syrian opposition groups, most of them coming from Turkey and Damascus, and Syrian intellectuals, are involved in debates to establish a joint stance as regards the Assad regime. However, the opposition has yet to agree on a joint position.It is expected that the National Coalition of Syrian Revolution and Opposition Forces will meet the other groups for further talks on the subject of participation at Geneva II and political developments at an extraordinary meeting on 17 January...firatnews.com

Over One Thousand Syrians Flee Fighting in northern Syria to Turkey

Fighting between the Islamic State or Iraq and Syria (ISIS), an al-Qaeda affiliate, and Syrian opposition groups has driven over one thousand Syrians from Girê Spî (Arabic:Til Ebyad), in region of Rakka, across the border into Turkey. The refugees are reported to have crossed through the Akçakale border-gate into Urfa province. According to the district governor of Akçakale, local government officials have counted 1,562 refugees and the number could rise in the coming days. Fighting between the ISIS and Syrian opposition groups affiliated with Islamic Front have been continuing since last Friday. Six wounded Syrian fighters were also reported to have been brought to Akçakale this morning, local time, with four being transferred to hospitals in Urfa later in the evening. firatnews.com | rojavareport.wordpress.com

Copyright ©, respective author or news agency
 

Top

  Kurd Net does not take credit for and is not responsible for the content of news information on this page

 
 

Copyright © 1998-2023 Kurd Net® . All rights reserved. Ekurd.net
All documents and images on this website are copyrighted and may not be used without the express
permission of the copyright holder.